Guest is unable to pay since we made a change to the reservation date

Gordon21
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Guest is unable to pay since we made a change to the reservation date

Hi,

I need some help ideally from airbnb themselves as I have an issue that would seem to be technical.

I have a guest arriving next month. He booked back in July. The booking is for a month starting 6 October while they sell their house.

However, the guest wanted to change the exit date from 3 November to 7 November (which is fine) so i did this and altered the dates and the guest accepted the changes. The problem is that the card which the guest used when first boking in July is now expired and the guest can now not make payment. Airbnb sent me an automated email confirming this. The guest has also emailed saying he he has tried making payment 6 times with a new card but failed so he's getting a bit concerned as they will be homeless if this isn't sorted out (and of course I could really do with the money).  I've been a host for over 3 years with 2 holiday rentals and this is something I haven't experienced yet.

I cannot for the life of me find a contact number or direct email for airbnb Help. Surely I'm just missing something?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Gordon

4 Replies 4
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi contact Airbnb. I would recommend skipping to the end of guide to find the phone numbers. see Contact Airbnb by Dave & Deb (Updated)

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Gordon21
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I've since taken it up with airbnb (found their contact details via some long-winded route) and they have replied saying they'll contact the guest and assist them.

Best wishes,

Gordon

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Gordon21 It would be better for the guest to speak with Air BNB so pass the contact information along to the guest.  If this had not occurred Air BNB would not be able to access the expired credit card for your security deposit should a claim be made.  

Gordon21
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Hi Linda,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I've since taken it up with airbnb and passed on the booking details and they will contact the guest to assist them.

Best wishes,

Gordon