Guest left valuable personal item behind

Jenny15
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Guest left valuable personal item behind

My guest who checked this past Sunday left a necklace at our vacation home. how do I get address or contact number again? Airbnb has blocked the phone number and email.

Also, is it fair to ask the guest to cover the mailing fee from our cleaners? we are far away from our vacation home. 

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You should e-mail them via the Airbnb platform; it is always best to keep communication here in case of any issues down the line as Airbnb only accept communication on their platform as evidence. 

You can get their phone number from the Transaction - HOST> TRANSACTION HISTORY > choose from  COMPLETED OR FUTURE TRANSACTIONS > click on the reservation code highlighted in red for the particular guest, contact detail can be found here

Sure you can ask for a mailing fee or ask the guest to send a prepaid self-addressed envelope and once you/ your cleaner receive it you can post back the item.

All the best,

Ama

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Jenny15

I agree with @Amaris0 and add on that you can easily get the postage fee through the resolution center (see top of your guest message thread).