Guest made a mess, broke table, drank my wine and HAIRBALLS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

Guest made a mess, broke table, drank my wine and HAIRBALLS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

I have my listing so that after 2 people it cost $15 per person they made the listing for 5 people which is the max my house holds I also don't allow parties.   They had 11 people total stay the night. I noramlly come down to visit and us my property from time to time so I have wine their for my personally use if people want to use it thats find just deposit $10 per bottle.  They ended up breaking a table and now the table needs to be reparied.

I sent this message below: and requested money from them....

But WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?????

My mom informed me that Monday morning she saw 11 people leaving. I have strict no party rule set on my listing. Plus its $15 per guest per night. 6 extra guest x 1 nights= 6 x $15= $90.    

Then 2 bottle of wine that I explained that were $10 each. You guess drank 2. $20  

You guess left wine stains on some of the linen and my house keeper is charging me $40 for cleaning.

The kitchen table now needs to be repaired because 2 screws came off and its able to be lifted up. I talked to my repair guy its going to cost me $75 to repair.

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kristi-and-Sergio0 you have to send them message through the resolution center (you have just few days to do it or before next guests arrives.) They can agree and pay or not. if they disagree or don't respond then you can involve Airbnb but you have to have receipts , videos, photos etc.. to proof the damage. If you don't have it then just forget about it.

You can read all about damage request procedure on Airbnb FAQ 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kristi-and-Sergio0,

I am sorry to hear this happened in your listing. 

I just wanted to check, as @Branka-and-Silvia0 recommended, did you managed to go through the Resolution Center in the end?

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.