Guest profile picture(s)

Thomas-and-Damian0
Level 7
Killcare Heights, AU

Guest profile picture(s)

I had several inquries from people only having a picture of their pet or their favorite drink in their profile. I was wondering if Airbnb could educate potential Airbnb guests to post a clear picture. In the end it is them (a person) that we welcome and not their pet. Some more clarification in this area would be beneficial for both parties.... I guess.

7 Replies 7
Elisabeth62
Level 1
Durban, South Africa

Definitely!

Florian15
Level 2
Oradea, Romania

Yes, a clear picture is very important. It also helps you identify the guest when you pick them up or when you meet them somewhere.

Nicole121
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I suggest that Airbnb needs to have it a requirement upon the creation of a profile and have a system to validate the profile pictures before making the profile legitimate.

JoseandVadym0
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Agree. Pictures, phone number, email address should be as minimum request to open a profile in Airbnb website.

Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

This is not social media people, this is a business transaction! Transparency is key!

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Neu in der Community? Stell dich hier vor. Siehe auch Community Hilfe! Richtlinien & Infos findest du in Neuigkeiten.

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

In these situations, I make known in my answer to their inquiry that ID will be asked for at check-in  and they must agree to disclose.  

Police and the judicial system do not respond well to landlords who let anyone in their home without  reasonable assurance of their identity

"Really, he's Frank the thief from down the street? He said he was John the banker from Boston..."  

One time a guy cancelled because of my requirement - good for me.

While making our job easier, not having a face picture is not a red flag. Women especially have reasons to be discrete.

Some people want to express a relaxed attitude. Some people are just shy.  It's all good, just ask for ID at check in.