Guest smoking weed

Taylor21
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

Guest smoking weed

Hello,

We have an issue were our guest is using areas that are not listed on our airbnb listing. He is using out other bathrooms, and going into our basement.. These are both off limits. I messaged to ask why he was going into our basement.. He told me it was so he could smoke weed!

1. Our house rules specifically state smoking weed/cigarettes is okay to do outside only. 

2. Both my husband and I both explained this to him in person, and told him where smoking was allowed. 

What should I do now?

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You have re-stated the rules to him - if he does it again then ask AirBnB to remove him. If you feel that you have already given him too many chances, then contact them now and explain the situation and ask them to find him somewhere else to stay.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The bravado is impressive, time for him to move on.

David
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Taylor21

It's your house, not his even if he is a paying guest. 

You are letting him use you as doormat. No business would accept that

Tell him in no uncertain terms that it's not working this way if he breaks the rules he accepted on booking, and that if he is not willing to respect that, he will have to leave.

Best also to create a record of proof ABB can look into, namely the booking message page. Reiterate the situation.

Don't cancel him,  call Airbnb and ask them you want him to be re-located since he's broken your rules multiple times despite being reminded.