Guest thermostat usage

Kenneth12
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Guest thermostat usage

Howdy,

I have a guest that keeps turning the thermostat up to 72F.  (Which guest,  I can't quite tell... though SmartLock entry logs could probably pin it down).

It's 65F out,  only going down to 64F tonight will be 74F out tomorrow,  and this has resulted in the place being 70F.  I certainly don't want it that hot (someone could very well also turn an air conditioner on!) and to pay for heat when it's going to be warm.   Etc.;  I can lock out usage of the thermostat and may do so,  but generally don't want to "just in case" the unit goes off WiFi;   such an issue seems rare enough that I don't necessarily want to add more to my house rules;  and maybe it can be addressed by scheduling in the thermostat.

I don't have any other great ideas,  but perhaps someone else does?   How do others handle such issues?

1 Reply 1
Mel101
Level 10
Amsterdam, NL

I have similar issues when my very Northern European in laws come to stay. It always strikes me as odd that people who live in places where the outdoors is so cold are not tolerant of temperatures below 25°C inside. 

I solve this by offering them extra duvets and warm house coats. Maybe your guest could benefit from similar?