Guest wants add a day after making booking request

Andrew-and-Edwina0
Level 1
Chelsworth, United Kingdom

Guest wants add a day after making booking request

A guest has made a booking request for 5 days and I have 13 hrs to accept / decline. In a follow up email he has asked if I can add a day to the stay. As far as I can see, the only way to do this is to decline his request and get him to make a new one. Is this right ??

Thanks team !

5 Replies 5
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Yes, that is the way. Or you could go through with booking the initial days and add a day after the booking is done by changing it.

Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Andrew-and-Edwina0 I would accept the booking and then as the guest to adjust it for an additional day after the fact by modifying the booking. Might not be the only way to do this but it's probably the fastest/easiest. Airbnb will ask you to accept the change. They might also call you.

Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

* ASK the guest, I mean. 

not "as the guest"

@Andrew-and-Edwina0 If it's a pending request see here  If it is a confirmed reservation and you decline a guest for no valid reason your listing goes down in the searches. You need to alter the reservation  see here how to do it, it. it's easy.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andrew-and-Edwina0,

Lovely to meet you, thanks for your post. It is great to see you have already received some helpful posts from @Lisa7, @Raymond-and-Elaine0 and @Marit-Anne0 regarding the different options.

In addition to this, you might also be interested in this thread regarding changing dates (but this is after the booking has been made). This post can also be found in the Community Help Guides post in the 'Getting Started' board which I would recommend taking a look at. 

I hope this is helpful. Happy posting. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.