Guest wants full refund for strict cancellation

Angela506
Level 1
Warragul, Australia

Guest wants full refund for strict cancellation

Hi - I accepted a booking a few days ago and they paid straightaway. I have a strict cancellation policy setting. The next day they reaslied they had made a mistake with the location and asked for a full refund .  I was happy to do this as it is still 2 months until the booking and they are very apologetic.  I then changed my cancellation policy to moderate setting which I thought would allow them to cancel without loosing 50% and asked them to try to cancel again.  The site is still telling them that they will loose 50% of their booking fee. They have retried after 24 hours but still not changed.  How can i give them a full refund? They are planning to visit my area later in the year and are very apologetic so I would like to do the right thing by them.  This is the first time I have had a cancellation so need some help please.

Thanks

Angela

2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Angela506 Changing your policy AFTER their reservation will not affect it. Try using the option "Send or request money" (button on top of their reservation page) or simply ask them to change their reservation for a later date this year. Avoid cancelling it yourself.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Angela506 if they will be visiting, just at a different time, the best would be to change the reservation. Depending on how far out you have your calendar open, you may have to temporarily adjust, so they can reserve dates more far out, then change you setting back to the way you prefer.