Guest wants to stay regularly - can I take a down payment?

Leila34
Level 2
New York, NY

Guest wants to stay regularly - can I take a down payment?

Hi everyone. I also am a new host  We enjoy our first guests and we already have people wanting to show up in September. She wants  to stay regularly for at least one month at a time from September a few nights a week. She specified the # of nights in a charming long message to me. However, since she wants a monthly arrangement I would have to block basically most of the month for her. It's no problem, but a down payment would be a good idea to make sure I block already these days. How to do that?

Thanks!

Leila

2 Replies 2
Darren29
Level 2
Quinta, Spain

Hi Leila,

How many days a week is the guest looking to stay in the month? Would you have time to clean, etc... for another guest between the first guests stays?

If not, how about working how much it would cost the guest for the number of nights they wish to stay over then month and then send them a special offer for the whole month at this price. This way you get the reservation made for the whole month, they have only one booking/cleaning fee and they could leave clothes, toiletries, etc... at the property between stays. Everyone would win! 

If you are offering this flexibiloty though, I think it is only fair that you get to set the cancelation policy to Strict before making the offer. This way, you would still get 50% if they pull out in the week before they are due to stay.

I hope this helps - perhaps not if they are only looking to stay a couple of nights a week! 

Darren

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Leila34,

Congratulations on having your first guests! 

@Darren29 has given you some great advice about how you can organise payouts with this guest that wants to stay regularly.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post and response here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion. It will be easier for others to find it here.

Happy Hosting!

Kirstie