Guest who lied on Review

Sandro88
Level 1
Kirchlindach, Switzerland

Guest who lied on Review

Hi we are new hosts in Bern Switzerland.  Recently we had a guest who completely lied on their review and said that there was only one bed made when they were two people.  It was him and his daughter and I clearly made a double bed for him and one of the bunk beds was made for his daughter.  Normally something like this wouldnt bother me but for some reason this is really bugging me!  I dont understand why someone would lie about this!  What is this guys motive???  I am not sure if I should flag this guy for being dishonest or if I should just get over it.  Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Sandro88 ,

I read the review and not getting the impression of somebody being "dishonest" or "completely lying" (YOUR words), maybe there was some misunderstanding about the beds. You are so focussed  on the "bed-thing", you don't even see the guest is a happy guest. Yes, just get over it.

Best regards, Emiel

It was a good review. Some you should clarify in a private message. For this public review I wouldn't have questioned it. I would have simply said "Glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make two beds available when we realized you were not a couple." 

I "sit" on my responses until I cool off before I post because there is no way to delete them later.

Some people will judge whether to rent with you based on personality.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Public responses are an opportunity to advertise (aka sell yourself and your place) for potential future guests foremost.