Guests Review Response!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Guests Review Response!

Hey I have just noticed something, the guest can leave a review response! I just looked at a review of my most recent guests stay, and on her page is a review response of me! Is this a public response or am I the only one that can see it?

I have never seen this before on my guests reviews, or anyone elses, and was a bit shocked to see it....It was great from my perspective but I can see a few hosts maybe getting a bit upset if they know the guest is going to publically have the last say!!

Cheers.....Rob

26 Replies 26

You are right @Bruce43, it hurts when  I go out of my way to please a guest, I expect them to leave a great review (which they actually promise since they had such a great time) and they don't even leave a word 😞 Not even one. Typing up 5 words shouldn't take long and the good star review always helps. But I ask for reviews only once, bothering the guests more than that doesn't seem nice.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Robin4

With this particular amendment where is it equitable, that book stops?

regards

cormac

ECK III

ECK VIII

Im trying to figure out how to respond to my original review I left for my host.  Can anyone help?  I want ot rebuttal. 

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

Well, honestly, I do now have to wonder if I will be as honest with my guest reviews. I just recently posted my first negative review. The guest felt free to wander through the house in his underpants, not pajamas, not sweatpants, his underpants. He also opened up a bunch of stuff he did not use. Feeling the need to forewarn future hosts my post referred his lack of modesty and wastefulness with supplies.

If he gets upset by that, how can I defend a baseless response? For instance, what if he responds with "Oh yeah?! Well, you didn't clean the room, there were cockroaches in the dresser, the sheets were stained, and the food was moldy!"

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.

@Robin129 Well, hopefully most people would recognize that it would be just a revenge-response by Captain Underpants 🙂

LOL ::snort:: Captian Underpants! 🙂

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

Guests have always been able to respond to a host's review in the same way that host's can respond to a guest's.  You've probably never noticed it because you've never checked and it's quite rare for a guest to do it.  However, it's been around for years, it's nothing new.

I want to point out that guests are even less practiced at writing responses to their reviews than hosts are and, of the responses I've seen, it really looks bad on them if they are trying to "explain away" some part of their behavior.  Please don't temper what you have to say about a guest out of fear of what they'll say, you have nothing to worry about!  

Alex465
Level 2
United Kingdom

Ho hosts 

we are being **bleep**ed by Airbnb and guests

i am being threatened by air assholes for not achieving 4.5

despite 200 guests. Over 2 years

i am going to threaten Airbnb ..and cancel all forward bookings

i don't need money, I don't give a **bleep** about guests

They can find another

firious Alex 

Pamela219
Level 2
London Borough of Waltham Forest, United Kingdom

I left a response for my guest after her review. Can i alter my response, or cancel with airbnb?  

Guest gave you a poor review I assume, you had given the guest a review blind .

your only chance to square things ..is leave a public response.

if you get hard core like I have done.  Airbnb may take it all down.

i don't review any guests 

the system is biased against hosts 

stuff them 

catch Alex in edi 

Arsalan4
Level 1
Islamabad, Pakistan

As a host, how much time do we have to respond to a bad review? is it time barred? 

Thanks in advance