Guests came 4 hours later

Guests came 4 hours later

Hello guys,

maybe Its Cause of the weather (warmmm), But am i the only one who thinks its really annoying if your guests telling you, they came at 17:00.. But sending 5 minutes before the time "can we come 34hours later". I left my work earlier to be a home, to Welcome my guests. 

I change my whole day.. and then I get this. Thinking about to cancel it, cause I'm furious atm. 

I cant change the hours.. Its not 34 hours, But 4... looks like this forum is not made for an iPhone. 

3 Replies 3
Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

I have found that some guests just don't care about correct information involving arrival time. For a few years I listed a bedroom in my house. Because of my dogs and the room being upstairs, I had to let people in personally. It was a pain, and I realized that if you are traveling, you just stop for lunch or a winery tour without updating the host of delayed arrival. Now, I am hosting an apartment on the lower level of my house. We live upstairs and aI use a baby gate to contain the dog. There is a key safe on the gate, and guests can come any time they like after 1:00 p.m.. This is so much easier. I still always try to greet ,y guests, but is they come in late, or I need to leave, it is easy for them to enter and get to their apartment.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Leo72

It's annoying...but think about iin future telling guests that you will be there for 1 or 2 hours and then need to go out. Or tell them that they can check in at x hrs, but if they are going to be late then to let you know by xx at latest. Hopefully it doesn't happen to you that often. Most of our guests  are on flights, then train or bus, so it's alwasy a bit of a gamble, However we always take their flight number so we can keep an eye on arrives. We also alwasy set up a WhatsApp group for each guest and either text them to say: see you have landed - see you in about an hour, or something similar. 

Thnx Gerry & Rashid,

i knew they were on the beach.. they park there car earlier the day in front of the apartment, but i wasnt there.. 

i did send them a message that i can Check them in now, or after 22:00.. they came directly. So Its all fixed.. ill give them a ice cold wine with ice.. and we talk and laugh.. it was just the weather what makes me furious, Hehe. 

Peace!