Guests can't leave reviews after two weeks.

Rebecca91
Level 1
England, GB

Guests can't leave reviews after two weeks.

My guests are desperate to leave a great review for us and they were on a 3 week holiday. At end of their holiday it's now not possible for them to leave a review. Why does there need to be a time limit? We are new this summer at hosting so every good review is valuable to us in the future
4 Replies 4
Harry22
Level 10
Athens, Greece

I ve lost some good review exactly the same way... But I thought, we'll that's just the way airbnb works 🙂
So I got over it 🙂
C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

That's so funny, @ Harry! But true. It's good that they have a cutoff. Think about it.
Linda384
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I'm in the same position. Just had a wonderful letter from a guest who left to too late to give a review. I think that now I'm aware of the time lapse I will ask guests to review ASAP. People have busy lives and don't always have time to catch up on their e mails  

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rebecca91 @Linda384 @C-C0 @Harry22

It can be frustrating but you have to let guests know the way the review system operates. It is the best review system I have come across because you can't manipulate it, but it does have strict rules....and that is why it is such a good system...

Here are the review rules! Make a note of them......

Leaving a review.png

In general, I am afraid 14 days is it, and you need to make sure the guest is aware of this. There are extremely limited circumstances were Airbnb will deviate from this policy but, 'the guest was still on holidays' is not one of them.

Get to know how the review system works and remember that as hosts we have the last say with the review response! We get to comment on what the guest had to say in their review, be it good or bad. Make use of this review response, it will tell the world what sort of host you are, and will say far more about you than a few 'air brushed' pictures! I always leave a review response!!

Cheers.....Rob