Guests cleaned but had paid cleaning fee - can I refund / make ex-gratia payment

Yvette11
Level 2
Benest, France

Guests cleaned but had paid cleaning fee - can I refund / make ex-gratia payment

Hi I had some guests leave my self catering accommodation today and they not only left it spotless, but washed and dried the bedding etc.
I include a cleaning fee and wondered if I could refund this somehow, maybe by an ex-gratia payment?
Any thoughts or help welcome.
Many thanks.

PS They are first time users of Airbnb and have not asked for a refund, but they were lovely and I'd love to have them stay again

6 Replies 6
Ralf5
Level 10
Inzell, Germany

Hi Yvette,

of course you may refund them, I think it is good idea especially if they were smart and eventually want to come back.

Go to My Reservations, then click Report a Problem, here you can also propose a refund to the guest.

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

Give them the refund then immediately send them to my listing and tell them to visit San Francisco next 😉

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Very nice of you. Go to the resolution centre and you can select ‘pay someone’ choose the guest and the amount and you are done. Cheers from paradise. David

Yvette11
Level 2
Benest, France

Thank you Ralf, David&Fiona - I have managed to go to My Reservations, historic, report a problem, go to resolution centre, send money, select the client, I chose "other" reason and was able to send a message to the client explaining - so phew, done, thanks 🙂

As I pressed send money it said that Airbnb would deduct the refund amount from my next payout and send it to the clients - does this mean the clients will have to wait an uncertain amount of time given I don't have any pending reservations at the moment? We're very rural and summer is pretty much it over here and that has just come to an end ....

If anyone knows when the refund will be made to the client, please let me know - thanks again.

James - tee hee, yes I'd certainly love to have them back and am sure they'd be welcomed by any host!

Sorry. I don't know the answer to that. 

Bonsoir @Yvette11,

I recently had a similar case. It usually takes about one week to receive the money. As far as I remember you and the guest will get notified through Airbnb by e-mail when they send off the money.