Guests stole and left us with $1000 + bill for 1.5 months stay

Anh7
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Guests stole and left us with $1000 + bill for 1.5 months stay

Hi All,

I am very upset with the two guests from China stayed at my place from middle July to beginning of September 2017.

First of all, when they need information from us about the place, she was really responsive. However, on the day where my dog went to the hospital and I needed to get her Medical documents from my place, she ignored our request.

Secondly, after her stay, everything looked neat as she is a mom living with her 7 years old son so I did expect her to clean the place a bit. However, some of the house decorations have gone missing after her check out. She also left many of my cooking wares burnt. On top of that, the water tap in the shower was broken and she never said anything until we got bad review from the guest after her. 

I never complained about anything above until a month later when I received my power bill. I was utterly shocked with the amount written there. So much that I called my supplier immediately to confirm is it was for the correct address. For the period that she stayed, the amount was roughly $800 for power alone. I am requesting a visibility on my gas bill as well and expecting it not to be pretty. If my estimation is correct, gas and water is going to be another $300 plus $120 Internet. According to the power bill, it is worked out that she used approximately $110/day on power ALONE. What irony is, I let my place so cheap at $75 per day for a two bedrooms apartment in up-scale area, and I even threw in 10% discount for long stay. Now I am left with $1220 (expecting) bill and emotional damages.

For those reasons above, can you please help me to find some ways to at least get my money back. Those bills will leave me and my family devastated and broke for a few months.

16 Replies 16

@Donna473  It's a digital currency that can be used for payment. Example would be Bitcoin.