Guests that were to check in today want to cancel and get full refund because of religious reason

Answered!
Brynja0
Level 4
Akranes, Iceland

Guests that were to check in today want to cancel and get full refund because of religious reason

Hello everyone

I was expecting guests today and they could check in at 14:00 or later. However the main road is closed because of weather and will be until 17:00 or 18:00 the latest. The guests want to cancel the booking (two nights) because of religious reason. Say they are jews and the sabbat starts at 18:00 and then they are not allowed to drive and not tomorrow either. Is this really true and if so should I bear the total cost of this? 

Brynja

1 Best Answer
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Nope.  They entered into a contract with you, which included your cancellation policy.  Religious reasons aren't covered under the Extenuating Circumstances policy.  Instruct the guest to cancel with Airbnb.  DO NOT cancel on their behalf.

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15

They would have to bear the loss if they had booked a hotel. As I told the customer service at Airbnb it cant be my problem and when I travel I buy travel insurance that will cover my loss if any.