Guests turned up drunk and offensive

Robin64
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Guests turned up drunk and offensive

Last night I had two guests from a party of five that had booked for two nights arrive drunk and making offensive comments. I told them that I was uncomfortable with their behaviour and that they wouldn't be able to stay. I contacted air bnb immediately to tell them what had happened and they told me they would contact the guests and give me a call back. Eventually I got a response telling me that the guest the case manager had spoken to had not seemed drunk and as there was no supporting evidence it was just my word against his and they would just refund the guests the money.  I'm really disappointed with this. The person airbnb spoke to was the lead booker but he wasn't one of the people that turned up to my listing. I turned them away to avoid any problems happening, not least of which my listing is a narrowboat so it would have been irresponsible to knowingly allow people that drunk in danger of falling in the water. But I feel both unsupported and penalised  by air bnb in making this decision.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

1 Reply 1
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Yes, @Robin64, that's true. In moments like that Airbnb will hardly give a minimum support to hosts. 

You must remember that in providing accommodation general rules apply, and you may be able to call the police and refuse to provide any service if a guest breaks any rules. That was the lesson I learnt somewhere else when more guests than booked arrived. Hosts also have rights.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"