Guidebook Not Showing On Page

Aravind0
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

Guidebook Not Showing On Page

I created a Guidebook, added a lot of recommended places, but it is not showing on my listing page.

I can print it when I go to my settings, but I cannot see it on the website.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Aravind

21 Replies 21

@Lawrene0 I changed the filename so was then able to upload the screenshot of what dictionary.com had to say.

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

@Lawrene0 Can you view your guidebook in the preview mode? How would a host get the traveler's perspective on this detail?

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

Thanks for clearing up the language thing, @Fiona-and-Keith-and-Fami0. Now I don't have to advise you to save the swearing for the guidebook rather than our spelling preferences 🙂

Yes, I can see my own guidebook link in preview mode, and clicking on the link works. That was not always the case, but I have no idea when it changed. So maybe it is a rollout? Or maybe it will all change tomorrow. And then change again the next day. 

I'm from Australia so familiar with British spelling, and as a retired editor also know Canadian is neither 100% British nor 100% US—something that's unknown to many, including me until about 10 years ago!

As for a guess about the guidebook link showing/not showing, and when: ¡Quien sabe! 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

If it helps, @Kai58, here is the link at which I see your guidebook. Note that it is .ca, but it should convert for you if you click on it: https://www.airbnb.ca/things-to-do/rooms/24090417

Kai58
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

@Lawrene0 thank you for pointing this out. I am a visual thinker and it never occurred to me to click on the text link above the map, which remains pretty much blank. None of these points are represented here.  All I see is Google maps without these points of interest. However, they are visible on the host side input map.

I am on Chrome, mobile Android version, and have tested it on the latest Windows version.

Okay, that will be it, @Kai58. I was looking at your guidebook in Chrome on a laptop, and everything is there, including descriptions and a map with location pointers. What I see in the app on my Android is a big map with location icons (that are nicer than the pointers) and thumbnails across the bottom of the screen. This (the app view) appears to be the focus of the developers at the moment.

I agree that it should look good no matter the browser/device, but maybe browsers on phones are low on the list. I think most prospective guests will look at it on the app, since that is heavily touted ("Get the app!"), and at least that does look good. 

If guests are having trouble, point them to the app or send the link. I have a hardcopy in my listing, too, for when guests are on site. Saves a lot of grief, since, as you have seen, the guidebook has its periods of glitchiness.