Guidebook is inadequate

David219
Level 2
Volcano, HI

Guidebook is inadequate

I've been feverishly adding things to my guidebook, but when I went to print it, I found...

1. There is no cover page.
  2. It starts printing on page two of the document.
  3. Items are listed in the order I wrote them, not logically by category and/or distance.
  4. After about 40 entires, the little maps no longer print, and instead literally shows this text:  "http://developers.google.com/maps.usagelimits/"

I hope they fix this, as I otherwise really like the idea of a guidebook.

1 Reply 1
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@David219 I can only address the missing maps. The full explanation is rather technical, so I won't go into it. Instead, my suggestion is to try (repeatedly) to generate the guide at "off times". By that I mean times when mostly North/South American hosts won't be trying to gdo the same, but also when European hosts won't be. So, for example, try between 10pm-midnight Central time. Too late for most east-coast or central Americans, and too early for more Europeans. The map failures are literally related to the number of request per hour. I can usually get my guide to generate with all maps after 2-3 tries during the times I've mentioned.

The absence of a cover page is, well, just the way it is. AirBnB doesn't say that there'll be a cover page. If you really want one, write it elsewhere an include it when you assemble the printed version.

The fact that it starts with page 2 sounds like a glitch. Do you *see* page one in the generated online version? If so, does it simply not print when you print?

I don't see items in the order I wrote them; I see them in categories. No idea why you don't.