H E L P ! co-host technical glitch and airbnb still haven't fixed after 11 days

Waldemar1
Level 1
Mount Lawley, Australia

H E L P ! co-host technical glitch and airbnb still haven't fixed after 11 days

My last two bookings were accepted by my co-host and yet I don't have any access to these bookings, itinerary and can't even message these guests to get them information. Airbnb has been on this case for 11 days now and am getting no solutions. Have had to remove my sister as a co host completely now and I still have no access to these upcoming guests.. what do I do? 

Am a superhost and am now super annoyed, 11 days is not good enough with my calendar blocked and no access to guests..

Has anyone had a siumilar issue and what can I do to resolve this? I think I may just need to cancel both of these bookings and ask them to rebook perhaps??

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Waldemar1

yes , browse through this forum and you will find other posts about it. It all started few weeks ago. One host said he removed his cohost and resolved the problem.

Don't cancel any bookings or you know you will be punished. You may be punished with your instant booking disabled if few of your guests cancel and they will lose their Airbnb fee as well.

You have to continue to contact Airbnb, try through twitter and facebook, they have to fix it. There is nothing else you can do.

Rp1
Level 7
Winnipeg, Canada

What I have done as a workaround to be able to access calendar and bookings is created a second account for myself and added it as a cohost.  That got me back into seeing the correct calendar and access to messaging and inquiries with guests and prospects.

After that, in the HOPE that this will avoid any payout problems (I am not waiting to find out if my payouts aren't coming), I have made my 2nd account the primary host and added a payout method.  Here's hoping.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Rp1, while this is a good and creative workaround it is also a little alarming that it is that easy to create a second account! Guests with bad reviews can also create 2nd accounts and "start over" with a clean profile.

@Emilia42

Thank you! And that is a good point, though maybe we can hope that in starting a new profile, guests who've been poor guests are trying to turn over a new leaf and be good guests in the future?

I hope it's in my favour that the only reason I created this second account was as a workaround to be able to keep getting inquiries, bookings, and paid in view of AirBnB's current breakdown.

Patty131
Level 2
Jacksonville, FL

I'm dealing with this as well, and after not getting a payout, CS says they have escalated my concerns to the "proper department" but will not say when I will get a payout. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Waldemar1,

Lovely to meet you, my name is Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here.

Thanks for highlighting this here.

I have some good news, Airbnb has now fixed the issue (apologies for the delay!). All affected hosts will also receive an email shortly with more details.

I hope this helps and do keep me updated if you can. 

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.