HELP Customer would like to put down a deposit instead of paying in full up front?

Cynthia191
Level 2
Montgomery, TX

HELP Customer would like to put down a deposit instead of paying in full up front?

I have a guest interested in staying the whole month of June 2018, but wants to put a 25% deposit down now and pay in full 60 days out.

I would love to book it, but can't figure out how.

Help??

7 Replies 7
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Not something you can do automatically, well you could take a booking for a week, take out the other 3 weeks from your system and then 60 days beforehand open them again so he can pay.

David
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

This is one of the biggest shortcomings with Airbnb, guests have to pay in full up front, unlike with other services. Yes, to put 100% well in advance (years in my case) does show commitment on the part of the guest, so that is a plus, but tough for many others.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Fred13

You can pay a deposit and the balance later, pay-less-upfront-terms

The Pay Less Upfront Feature is available to Guests for eligible bookings when they pay with certain Payment Methods, but I can't find which bookings or payment methods it applies to.

Good to know. Never heard of it nor any guests have mentioned it. I am also trying to figure out how it works.

Guests are required to pay in full up front because it protects the host.  What if the full payment declines or they trash the house?  No way.  I don't care how long someone stays, they need to pay up front the total amount.  Don't trust anyone.  We don't even let guests come BACK unless they book again through Airbnb.

Well since rarely hosts get to keep 100% of the guest's money anyway, and they have to pay the balance well before arriving, it wouldn't make one iota of difference to split the payment in two. Remember, many bookings in Airbnb are made years in advance. The reason I brought it is because at least 25% of my potential guests (booking 2-3 years in advance) have brought it up.