HELP my Son is in EUROPE and host is accusing him!

HELP my Son is in EUROPE and host is accusing him!

Hello Community,

How to deal with this? My son is studying abroad and has spent weekends across Europe. He just left a country and the host is now accusing him and his friends of "vomiting everywhere and marking up walls." The host is demanding money.  I get it you think I am an overprotective parent- but I do not believe that any of this is true. The host has threatened to "denounce him to their countries governement..." unless he pays.

How to handle please.

A mom 3000 miles away.............

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The Host presumably will claim for the costs of any damge through the Resolution Center. I would expect the Host to document any damage.

David
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Will your country's government be interested in this denouncement, @Jo180? It sounds like an empty threat. If your son is being harassed by the host, and did not in fact make a mess, he could call Airbnb if he is worried. He will have to do it himself, since it is his account. You cannot do it for him.

Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

@Jo180

Oh boy, I understand what you are going through 3000 miles away. Get your sons itinerary number and call AirBnB to inform them of the situation. Even if there is a damage issue, the host cannot request reimbursement directly from you, all financial exchanges must go through AirBnB. I would suggest not communicating with the host directly anymore, there is a claim process and the host must follow it. I don't know what "denounce him to their countries government" is but I have to believe a government has more to deal with than a couple of vomiting students. I hope he enjoys the rest of his trip.

Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide