HELP

HELP

I'VE JUST RECEIVED A CALL FROM A GUEST WHO BOOKED THROUGH AIR B & B. I DON'T REMEMBER AGREEEING TO THE BOOKING. COULD THIS SITE HAVE BOOKED IT AUTOMATICALLY? I ALREADY HAVE IT BOOKED FOR PART OF THAT TIME. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?

6 Replies 6
Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

What does your calendar on the site say? As the calendar shows who is officially booked by airbnb.

Are you suggesting that airbnb has allowed a double booking or are you juggling bookings from multiple sites? 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jamie182  First off don't use all capital letters you're shouting at us ;D Do you have a confirmation in your inbox for this reservation? If so you are screwed, if not the guests are. Do you have Instant Book turned on? Did the other booking come from AirBnB? Is your AirBnB calendar blocked for these dates? We need more information to help. Check and let us know then we can get to what you need to do about this. There are various options for both cases. 

I do have confirmation of two bookings july 28-aug4 then aug 4-11. My booking from the other site is Aug3-6.

I  have just cancelled the Aug 3-6.

Now how do I turn off auto-everything! I am so new to this and it's seriously turning me off. I feel so bad for the guests and myself right now

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Jamie182 If you are going to list on multiple platforms then you need to either sync your calendars (and make sure it works!) or at the very least turn off instant booking on at least one of them, or both while you are learning to manage them. Airbnb penalises hosts for cancellations so you don't want to have to cancel an Airbnb booking (also don't accept a cancel from a guest).  You also need to make sure you read through the site properly to understand how everything works - calendars (minimum stays, when the calendar is open), pricing, cancellation policies, etc. There is a lot of info in the Help Centre if you take the time to read it before taking bookings.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jamie182  Turn off the Instant booking for now. Go to your dashboard and click on Listing then Booking settings. Edit How guests can book. Check All guests must send a reservation request. Then make sure to save it. You need to sync your calendars on all the sites. On AirBnB go to Listing, then Availablity and scroll all the way down. to Sync Calendars. The instruction are listed when you click on Import Calendar or Export Calendar.

Ask for help and read this forum it will help you out of lots of issues. We're a really friendly group and there are many experienced hosts willing to help.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Jamie0

I am not sure but I think that you have instant book. So if it is possible for you : 

1- Be sure that guest is officially booked by Airbnb, if so 

2- I think,you need to host her/him cause she/he is a guest  

And, i think, after all you cuold see the requarements that you prefer for hosting the next guests. 

Thanks, 

Miloud