HOSTS- Recieve Payment 24hours After Guest CANCELS

Colby2
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

HOSTS- Recieve Payment 24hours After Guest CANCELS

I currently host a few condos, and run my listings with a "strict" Cancellation Policy. My Problem: (scenario) A guest books a condo 4 months prior to his/her arrival date; the reservation is Accepted and Confirmed. -After 2 weeks, the guest cancels their reservation and within 72 hours receives the 50% refund due to them, however, the Host must wait several months to receive any payment from the reservation. -According to the AirBnB policy, the payment will not be issued until 24 hours after the Original "check in" date. My Question: Why must we, as the host, wait until the original "check in" date to receive payment if the guest has already canceled and there will be absolutely no check in during that time? What is the purpose of having money 'floating' in an account for several months if both parties agree that there will be no further business between the two (guest & host)? My Solution: AirBnB shall allow the Host to withdraw money from a cancelled reservation 24-72 hours after the cancellation was submitted by the Guest. This will allow enough time for the guest to correct any mistakes (if it was indeed an accident) as well as allow the host the ability to receive their funds in due time rather than waiting for a future date which no longer has any significance. I would love to hear other thoughts on this subject from Hosts as well as AirBnB Staff members and Ultimately to see a modification in the AirBnB Payout Policy regarding Cancellations. Regards, Colby
1 Reply 1
Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Neu in der Community? Stell dich hier vor. Siehe auch Community Hilfe! Richtlinien & Infos findest du in Neuigkeiten.