Have Set Custom Weekly Prices But Quotes Going Out At Base Rate

Answered!
Dave23
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

Have Set Custom Weekly Prices But Quotes Going Out At Base Rate

Having been on airbnb for over a year we have never had this problem before.  We set a base rate and also set a custom weeekly price for every week for the next 55 weeks (max allowed) which we understand should overide the base price.  Quotes recently have been calculated on the base rate and ignored the custom weekly price.  This is embarrasing as people are getting quoted a quarter of what the true price should be in August and understandably are not happy when told they will need to pay 4x as much!   And yes, w have clicked 'apply' after setting the weekly prices.  We have tried to delete the base price which seems superfluous but the site won't let us.  Any ideas?  Suggestions most welcome!

Dave

1 Best Answer

@Dave23  It does appear you have a modified version of the pricing.  Air BNB is famous (infamous) for trying out different changes on a regional basis.  Looks like you need to speak with a representative who can see your listing and guide you through it to ensure you are getting what you want.  So sorry couldn't help.  See the community guide on this site for options to contact Air BNB.  In this case, I would call very very early in the morning.  Less of a wait time.  Good Luck!

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Dave23  It is my understanding that all booking calculations are base on the nightly rate.  Weekly or monthly rate is just the percentage discount.  So if your daily rate is $24 US and your minimum stay is 7 days and you have no weekly discount, then the weekly rate would be 7 X $24= $168.  Is this not happening for you?  If you have different nightly rates during the booking period, then the average of those rates is taken and multiplied by the number of nights.  I really don't know how you can have a custom weekly rate, but perhaps I am uninformed.

Dave23
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

Hi Linda

Thanks for your reply.  I seem to have a different price setting page to that which you refer to.  I have copied and psted exactly what I have below.    Hopefully it will copy OK so you can see what I mean.  I have no option to set differing nightly prices, just a 'base price' which is currently set at our lowest rate.  Then I have options for setting a 'custom weekly price' whch I have done, and a 'Custom monthly price' which I haven't.  If I could set a varying nightly price I could do this and forget the weekly and monthly.  Until recently quotes seemed to go out from the weekly price, only reverting to the base price if they were eyond the 55 weeks which is the maximium you can set weekly prices for.

Hopefully that makes sense?

Dave

Set a nightly price for your space

You can set a price to reflect the space, amenities, and hospitality you’ll be providing.

Base price
Base price
£
Currency

Long-term prices

Encourage guests to book longer reservations by offering a discount.

Weekly discount
Monthly discount

Average monthly price with 20% discount: £438

You’ve set a custom weekly price for 55 weeks.
You can also set a custom price for a specific month.

Additional Pricing Options
Cleaning fee
Additional guests
Security deposit
£

Any guest who confirms a reservation at your listing will be responsible for damages up to this amount. No charges or authorisations will be made unless you make a claim within 14 days after check out.

Weekend pricing

@Dave23  It does appear you have a modified version of the pricing.  Air BNB is famous (infamous) for trying out different changes on a regional basis.  Looks like you need to speak with a representative who can see your listing and guide you through it to ensure you are getting what you want.  So sorry couldn't help.  See the community guide on this site for options to contact Air BNB.  In this case, I would call very very early in the morning.  Less of a wait time.  Good Luck!

Dave23
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

Thanks again Linda.   I thought, reading other posts on similar issues that they did not make sense in relation to mine.  This explains why so many are talking of setting differing nightly prices which seems impossible on mine.   I will try calling airbnb when I have a few hours spare:-)   Meanwhile I have tried putting the 'base price' up to a higher level than our maximum rate in the hope that the so called 'custom weekly price' will then overrride it.  Wonder if all UK besed clients have the same nonsensical system as me or if I'm an individual 'experiment'!

Dave

Hi, I am France based and have the same problem. Potential guests are getting very **bleep**ty when being told their calculated price is wrong . I even had arguments on the phone with one who told me that Airbnb gave them this price and that was all they were going to pay. He did not even want to accept my decline of booking. What is so difficult in splitting nightly / weekly offers? Very frustrated as I feel I am wasting my time and my potential clients time

Dave23
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

Hi Angelika

We resolved it (I think) by setting the base price at a higher rate than our maximum price.  That way the weekly price sems to take over.  It still leaves a problem if guests want to book less than 7 nights or want dates more than 55 weeks in advance but at least we can then give them the corrected rate.  The system really is quite ridiculous.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hello Dave

I'm also in UK. Swansea.

Trying to grasp how to set prices for x3 nights one week.....thereafter x4 nights. Incentive was to drop the one off fees which caused the potential guest confusion. So £28 pernight x 3 = £84 for first week. I said £96 for the 4 day week. Just randomly. So thats £24 per night. But then airbnb will clobber me for their fee. Best I just accept this?

They seem to have a good email service. Wondering how to get back to it. Help comes up erratically. But it seems to be fun. You may be tired but still reasonably happy????

Mary