Hello Everyone!

Lynda126
Level 2
Abuja, Nigeria

Hello Everyone!

Okay, so my guest leaves tomorrow. His stay ends on the 3rd. I get a text from him asking for a fresh towel. I provided him 2 bath towels, 2 face and 2 hand for 9 days. The face towels are big enough to pass for a bath towel. So he literally has 4 bath towels. If he's checking out tomorrow, why ask for a fresh towel today? I would expect that he should be able to use the towels provided him sparingly. I'm a home and not a hotel room. I don't know what to say to this guest. He's been so demanding. When you travel to stay in people's homes, you should at least take a towel with you. 

14 Replies 14
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

In the US at least it is not customary to travel with your own towels. A fresh towel after 8 days does not sound unreasonable to me.

He had six towels, six towels for 8 days! In hotels, your towels are replaced every 2-3 days. It costs to buy detergent, laundry expenses, utility/water, plus labor. I'm a Airbnb host and not a hotel. If a guest wants a hotel service, they should stay in a hotel. 

I see, sorry, I thought you were asking for feedback. My mistake.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

While there are cultural and host differences about the proper amount of towels to provide, @Lynda126 at this point when the guest is leaving in a day, you could just provide the towel.  No need to stand your ground on this small issue and create a negative experience for the guest.  You also could add a rule that limits the number of towels per guest per time period and offer to provide additonal towels at a charge.  

I agree with @Lisa723 but that is not your perspective which is your perogative. 

If i put up such stiff rule like that, it would make me look like a towel nazi lol @Linda108. And i'm not standing my ground. I of course gave him the extra towel. I am only sharing my experience. My guest is more than thrilled with my services. He even went out and bought me chocolates. 

@Lynda126   LMAO "Towel Nazi" I love that "Soup Nazi" episode on Seinfeld ;D

Lol. Oh Seinfeld. I'm not a big fan of Seinfeld, but it's been funny.

Lynda126
Level 2
Abuja, Nigeria

Oh don't get me wrong @Lisa723 I'm not offended. Thank you for your feedback. I'm just saying six towels for 8 days is much more than enough.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lynda126  I swap out sheets and towels at day 4 on longer 8 day stays. Depending on where the guest is from a bath towel is much different than a hand or face towel. I also leave more towels than you do per person. I leave 2 large bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 washcloths,  4 makeup washcloths, and 1 beach towel per  person with extra's in the linen cabinet. I also leave extra sheets in each room in a dresser drawer and extra pillows and blankets in the closets should they need them before my day 4 change over. I'd just give the guy the towel, why cause a stink at the end of the stay. 

Oh wow @Letti0! Well, i guess i have to invest in towels and then up my rate on my Listing, because those things cost money lol. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lynda126

you provided the same number of towels as we do for 9 days stay and it is enough for most guests, often even to much.

But as we all agree - there is no point to argue with this guest, best is giving him one extra towel and forget it.

We have found a way to cut our loundry costs - we leave towels, extra pillows and extra blankets in a closet, not on the bed. This way guests use what they need and the rest remains clean for the next guest.  We also fold everything in a special way so we know if it was used or not.

Thank you @Branka-and-Silvia0. I almost thought i was being unreasonable. Well, i gave him an extra towel. 💗

Nham0
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I am new host in Viet Nam, my name is Nham Nguyen Khac, i am the new host who just joined airbnb, i would like to get your help and share business experience on air bnb

Nham0
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

hi everyone, i am the new host who just joined airbnb, i want to get help from everyone. share business experience on air bnb