Help from a real human

Jan114
Level 1
Scotts Head, Australia

Help from a real human

I am being underpaid by AirBnB. Last time I managed to speak to a human being I was given the usual call centre answer - "I will forward that and get it fixed".  Not fixed.  I've wasted my time looking at previous answers - I don't want and am not getting Twitter - have the local phone number, currently up to 47 minutes waiting after the sweetie pie message about 'wanting to help'.

2 Replies 2
Braja0
Level 1
Sedona, AZ

How long have you been a host is thos the first time you have felt you were underpaid?
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Jan114 How, specifically, are you being underpaid? (The more detailed information you can supply, the more likely that some other host can provide assistance or explanation here.)

Secondly, if you don't want to sit on hold, consider getting over your aversion to Twitter. I use it all the time to initiate contact with AirBnB support, and it works great. I submit a description of my issue, then usually within an hour or less (which I DON'T spend sitting on hold), they get back to me. If they can't quickly provide an answer, they transfer the issue to either email or phone support right away. This has ALWAYS ended in total satisfaction.

If you don't know/understand Twitter, I suggest getting someone who does to set you up and show you how to use it solely to contact AirBnB. You don't need to understand anything else about Twitter or use it for any other purpose.

And I say all that as someone well over the age of 60, so don't use age as an excuse. (Not saying that you were/would; just saying that the whole thing isn't that difficult.)