Help me please

Help me please

I have a have some staying at my property and checking out soon. They have message me day that they have broken the sofa bed. What can I do?

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@James1221  This is somewhat good news in that the guest has taken responsibility for damage.  Hopefully the message was on the Air BNB message system, but if not, be sure to confirm their message on that system and thank the guest for accepting responsibility.  Do you have a security deposit?  That will make the process easier.  

Be sure to file a claim ASAP before any new guests arrive.  You will need to follow the procedure for filing a claim, i.e., providing receipt for a new sofa bed, found in the Help Center articles about filing a claim.  Depending on the age of the sofa bed, you may not get the full cost of replacement, just like car insurance.

Secondary issue will be your review.  Good guests can have accidents and cause damage, so don't assume the guests are terrible even if they caused a problem for you.  However, if you ascertain that the guests acted in a way that was not respectful to your property, be sure to note that in your review.

Wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on how all this turns out.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @James1221,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. I would follow Linda's advice. 

You can find more information on how to use the Resolution Center (Claims) by clicking here

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen