Host Cancellation

Host Cancellation

I'm new to the field so i would like some help, due to a basic misunderstanding i had to cancel the reservation with my guest, with a full understanding from both sides. Currently the canceled dates are blocked. Which have seriously affected my communication with other visitors,

I decided to rent the property for a short term - just to cover the basic expenses of having it
Thanks for the Cooperation

Orgil

9 Replies 9
Tulio0
Level 10
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

@Orgil0 the penalties are clearly stated by Airbnb; https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

If you cancelled because of a reason they provided, you should have had them cancel instead.

thx a lot tulio, well i did cancel an "instant booking" the same date i launch my flat but i didn't use the "uncomfortable option" mainly because i wasn't aware of it existent.

is there any other way to pass it? or to at least reduce the period?

Tulio0
Level 10
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

@Orgil0 I don't think so, but I'm not very familiar with the instant booking flow 😞

Linda-and-Russ0
Level 1
Saratoga Springs, NY

airbnb blocked a date on my calendar because I didn't respond to a reservation request within the 24 hour timeframe,

for the first time in 7 years I might add! I was offline for a day. How can I unblock the date?

Thanks! Linda

@Linda-and-Russ0 I'm afraid there is no way for you to do so by yourself

Is there a way for me to apply to have it unblocked? I cant find the answer to that anywhere.

Seems awfully harsh for a 7 year Superhost who had to be offline for 30 hrs and has never screwed

up before.

All you can do is contact ABB and see.

David

This is a strange one. When I didn't reply to a booking request once (because I was away from home and I couldn't get the mobile app to decline it) they just mentioned it on my response rate.  They didn't block the date.

Do give them a call and see what they can do.