Host declined my reservation..

Host declined my reservation..

i'm new to airbnb..tried reserving a place, but the host declined. . Now when i try to reserve some other place, my credit card is getting declined for insufficient funds. When i looked at my credit card statement, the amount authorised from credit card for Airbnb is still not reversed. How long does it take. I feel this is a deadlock situation. Its a pretty big sum. Till airbnb reverses, ill not be able to book anything. This whole process is time consuming and weird. I had wait for 24 hrs, the amount is locked, and when they decline, i dont get my money back in time. Such a poor customer experience overall...how to spend that money in other reservation...

1 Reply 1
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Praveen5 Unfortunately, Airbnb does not only offer opportunities, but problems as well. It may take a couple of days before you get your money back, but it is THEIR system and policy, with which I do not agree at all. Try places with instant booking, some of them are more reliable. Also, use the option "Request to book" without being charged at that time (if you see such an option).

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"