Host has changes check in time

Victoria538
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Host has changes check in time

Hi

I am checking in with a new host on Monday. When I booked, check in time was listed as 2pm. I have planned accordingly. 2 days ago my host contacted me, asking for my time of arrival. When I said 2pm, she told me she can't be there until 7.30pm! I booked this place as it has a pool for my son and now he won't be able to use it the first day. Anyone have any suggestions? I explained to the host that when I host and can't be there to let someone in I arrange to have someone else do it at the guasts convenience.

Thx

3 Replies 3
Jackie148
Level 7
Edens Landing, Australia

I would contact a bnb they will see your booking details and check in at 2pm I would insist that the host finds someone else to let you in this is just not acceptable good luck

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Victoria538 Such things often happen with new hosts and i am sorry that you have to deal with that situation.What i would advice you to do is to ask the host to reconsider the checkin time and allow you to come at 2pm as it was when you booked her place.Next time try to avoid new hosts Airbnb allows them to appear at the top of the searching list in order for them to get booked faster without considering their lack of experience.Good luck!!!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Victoria538  Your reservation will have the check in time noted on it. I would hold her to it. 5 1/2 hours later is not acceptable. You are paying for the place for 2:00 pm not 7:30 pm. Call AirBnB if she does not agree to let you in at 2:00pm.

AirBnB United Kingdom +44 203 318 1111