Host referral credit

Talia0
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Host referral credit

Hi. I referred a friend to airbnb and he became a host. However, I didn't refer him through the site, only verbally. He signed up before I noticed that I was supposed to refer him through the site by entering his email address. How can I go about getting the host referral credit now? Thank you 🙂

10 Replies 10
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

I think you've missed the opportunity to refer your friend.  You can certainly ask Airbnb about it, but I doubt there is anything they can do now. Never hurts to ask!

Greetings @Clare0.

I wanted to know if these credits are real monetary credits or Airbnb credits which can be used as discounts if I plan to travel. Also what does my new host friend receive? The promotional message reads, "Refer new hosts and you and your friend, both earn bonuses." Couldn't find what is this bonus for the friend. If you could shed some light.

Hi @Jeet0, how are you?  Last summer I referred my brother as a new user and we each got $25 for travel credit.  My brother's reservation had to be for $75 or more.  Hosts referring new hosts was $100 in travel credit when the new host has a reservation of $100 or more. 

That said, Airbnb's referral rewards change.. I saw a tweet where the user referral (new guest) was reduced to $20.

If you want to know  the current promotional reward amount, I suggest asking Airbnb directly...best by twitter @airbnbhelp. 

I'm sure it is all credit for travel, not cash (darn!).  Hope this helps!

Organic-Urban-Retreat0
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

same situation. We referred host in person.  This seems like a situation that would be common.  Airbnb requires adding a feature to acknowledge hosts source of introduction. 

@Organic-Urban-Retreat0  Hi there, the other thing you must consider. The host you refer must have their first booking over a certain value before you become eligible for the credit. If the value of that first hosting is short of this mythical figure then you don't receive a thing.

You learn after a while Reiki, there is a considerable amount of 'smoke and mirrors' on this site.....but we deal with it as best we can!!! cheers.....Rob

Luke-and-Susan0
Level 1
Knoxville, TN

I referred my neighbor and now they are listed.   They said they did everything they could think of to make sure I got the referral award?  I am not sure what to do?  I would have referred them to Airbnb with or without the award.  We both own second homes in a Resort and we each own half of the building.  Most likely, I will donate the award to our Nature Center because they do such wonderful work. I just want to know if I am missing something?  Will Airbnb send me a credit or anything or is this award something that I should just forget about and move on?

@Luke-and-Susan0 My understanding is that you will receive a travel credit when your friend hosts a reservation valued at $100 or more.  When this happens, look on your Dashboard under Travel Credits.  That's where my referral for a guest stay is located. 

Hi @Clare0, I'm good! I'd really like to thank you for actively assisting everyone in our community. It is very inspiring.

I had a word with Airbnb and they have confirmed that $100 isn't travel credit but a bank deposit, isn't that awesome?! 🙂

These promotional offers and programs might defer from Market to Market though. 

Hey @Jeet0 Thanks for the update...glad you got cash!  And thanks for your kind words!

Matija9
Level 1
Zagreb, Croatia

where can i find link for referr a friend to becom host?

Thank you