Host referral

Nani1
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Host referral

My daughter referred my as a host, and neither of us received the credit. She sent the invitation through the email and I clicked on it to start my page and even hosted my first guest. Why is the customer service so bad for airbnb? I can never reach anyone. Another problem we have is host assist. Now my daughter is not able to send messages on her profile or mine, since trying to assist on my account. I feel like 5 mins on the phone with a customer service agent would resolve these issues, but I can never reach anyone. I am considering switch to another app like homeaway. Thoughts?

11 Replies 11
Netanya0
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

I am experiencing the same thing. I am wondering where the host referral funds are?  I have now hosted two guests and neither I nor my sister who referred me have recieved the funds.

Only after your referral hosts their first guests and receive reviews then you will receive the credit.  We have many times.  Read the terms

Hello Rose & Sondy:

Thank you for your reply.

Yes i now understand that we will get paid after the hosts that we referred gets their first booking and that guests will leave reviews. We will wait then for 30 days to get paid. 

And same for referring new travelers, we wil only get travel credits 30 days after our referrals booked and paid their 1st travels.

I hope this will help.

I got paid for referring 2 new hosts and 1 traveler. Thanks to Airbnb.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nani1 @Netanya0....Yes, you have to read the fine print! The first hosting that your refered host undertakes has to be over a certain dollar value for you to eligible for the credit. This company are masters at the art of wording interpretation!!!!

Oh, that contact number for you is.....(USA) +1-415-800-5959 (local San Francisco number)

or +1-855-424-7262 / 1-855-4-AIRBNB (toll-free)

Cheers.....Rob

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/5724253?s=b14U

Rose-and-Sondy0
Level 2
Winchester, CA

1. We referred a friend and we did not receive credit for it either.  How do we communicate with this company.. 
  2. Lorie Schock was the host and last weekend they had a guest come and go.  

I'm rapidly falling out with Airb&b.. same thing, no pay out for referral . The small print re. minimum booking took ages to find!

Also they never offer any discount for regular customers and we have used it alot. Most dissapointing!

My worst experience was discovering that I was being asked more for a booking than my friend when we were looking simultaniouly on different divices at a place in Spain.

I think their days are numbered! 

Gem4
Level 1
New York, NY

Hi, any word from Airbnb regarding credits for referring a host or new member? I referred a friend to host but both of us didn't get any credit. Thanks for your help.

Caroll1
Level 1
Altea, Spain

I just made a host refferal but have seen on my page that I didn,t make ANY referrals.  My friend is listed and already has a booking.  How do I contact airbnb????????

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Caroll1

Caroll, probably best to just move on! We have seen many thousands of posts relating to host referal payments and they all seem to be the same as yours. It seems that it is just a marketing tool for Airbnb and is really nothing more than 'froth and bubble'! You can spend your time trying to chase it but, realistically you will be wasting your time!

Cheers.....Rob

Same here. Booking was for 1 month and the host got travel credit and I got zip nada and I spent a week setting up his aia bnb host page because he is to old to understand the working of the PC...what a waste of time!!!