Host while out of state

Host while out of state

Do any of you host a house in one state but live in another?  I have a townhouse in Minnesota but will he moving to Nevada.  If so how does it go?  Do you just give them a code to get in?  How do you get paid.

3 Replies 3
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Joe215 not only a code to get in. What is your plan regarding cleaning and preparing the house between guests? Will you have a co-host to do that or hire someone from a cleaning company?

You get paid based on the payout that you set up.

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

@Joe215, in addition to @Farah1's good advice, I would add that there are often more problems when hosts are not nearby to check on the place. Often, there will be additional guests you know nothing about, extra cleaning that must be done, etc. it is important for your co-host or someone to have eyes and ears on the place. I live on the premises of my space, but I have been reading these pages for awhile. Many guests and an absent host can be a real mess if not managed well.

Thank you both I think that confirms for me that is not going to work for me at this time.  I will just have a property manager take care of everything for me