Hosting Rates and Tax questions

Peggy91
Level 2
Miramar Beach, FL

Hosting Rates and Tax questions

I am new to hosting on ABNB.  I have already had a couple of inquiries, which I'm excited about.  However, when I looked at the nightly rates that was posted on the inquiry, it was less than my base rate.  Anyone else have this problem?  Also, can anyone tell me how taxes are collected?  The qoute listed on the inquiries did not specify tax, although, my tax rate was specified in my host listing.

5 Replies 5

@Peggy91, I looked at your listing, and you do have a special 20% off rate being offered for several of the different booking weeks I tested.

This could obviously lower the rate below your base rate.

Do you remember putting a 20% discount special on this listing?

Hi Matthew,

I think there was something that offered 20% off to the first 6 customers that I booked through ABNB.  Totally forgot that.  I'm going to have to remove that because it will be guest wanting to book for Spring Break which peak.  I can't give that kind of discount during Spring Break. 

Matthew,

Do you know how I can remove that discount?

@Peggy91 Raise your rates instead on those days until that discount wears itself out.

Never give back money. 

Go to your calendar and you can click on certain days and make Frida more than Tuesday or whatever’s. You make it the whole month or just a day. Also set your minimum stay requirement during spring break. You don’t want someone just booking two days, you need five or six minimum.

Good Luck!

’You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

@Peggy91, this discussion thread mentions a potential solution:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/How-do-I-remove-the-Special-Discount-in-my-listing/td-p/470...

Please let us know if it works for you!