Hosting two properties

David1825
Level 2
Surbiton, United Kingdom

Hosting two properties

This is probably a simple question for the more experienced Hosts but we are very new to this so bear with me.

We have just offered our upstairs flat in SW London on AirBnB and so far had two wonderful guest experiences.

We also have a property, a holiday cottage in the north of England, which previously we have rented out ourselves and used various agencies to advertise it.

We are thinking of now putting this on AirBnB too and ceasing the other advertising.

My question is this:

whilst I know I can host 2 properties with my account and even divert the income to different accounts, is this the best way of doing it ?

Instead should my wife start a separate account and host it alone ?

Does this not help to keep the businesses clearly divided and easier to manage ?

We would then have separate email addresses for each property and could immediately be clear wht's going on.

Would appreciate some feedback 

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

You are lucky to have a wife with whom you can split the accounts.

2 accounts is best for flexilbity, and clarity.

By separating your accounts you also limit your review risk.

One bad review will not tarnish both properties.

David1825
Level 2
Surbiton, United Kingdom

That's an interesting point - so reviews are not specifically for the property but rather for the host 

That would imply that 2 properties are combined in the reviews ?

Have I got that right ?

Yes, we have two properties, and both reviews fall under my account. So bad for one, is bad for all. We havent had a bad one...but it could happen. I was wondering about this too. I have another property that I would like to list, but this account would be under a completely different company, email, accounting, etc. I hope we get some more feed back from people! Thanks for asking the question. 

@David1825 there are advantages and disadvantages of using two accounts.

One *disadvantage* is that if you are a Superhost, your other listing will not benefit from your Superhost status. Also, if you have infrequent stays, it may be harder to maintain enough bookings to qualify for Superhost status on each listing separately.