Hosts - Check Your House Rules - Do They All Say 'Not Set'?

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Hosts - Check Your House Rules - Do They All Say 'Not Set'?

I just checked my House Rules after reading here that another host found that hers had all been changed to 'Not Set'. To my surprise, ALL my House Rules have been changed to 'Not Set' on BOTH my listings. So you might check to see if yours have been switched to 'Not Set' as well. @Lizzie do you happen to know if this is a known bug being worked on, or...?Where Did My House Rules Go?Where Did My House Rules Go?

71 Replies 71
Shaun69
Level 10
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom

@Rebecca181 Thanks for that Rebecca, just checked my two listings and they have also been changed to "not set".@LIZZIE please look at what is going on this would have been very embarassing!!!!!!

Regards Shaun

Kim87
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

Thanks for this @Rebecca181, same for me!

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

Joining the choir.

However, my personalized House Rules still existed, as did my "Other Things to Note."

Mine reset again, I am assuming when they rolled out the ability to make notations about why the listing is unsuitable for infants and children.

Gonna keep an eye out for the next 24 hrs while the "bros" figure out what they are doing.

Daniel1992
Level 10
Downingtown, PA

It changed, unfortunately, due to the change in Guest Requirements concerning the profile picture.  It's terrible that this affected everything in the rules, though.

Cammy0
Level 9
Vancouver, Canada

Mine reverted back to "not set" as well. Thank you for posting this and bringing it to our attention! @Rebecca181

Julian234
Level 3
Zihuatanejo, Mexico

Thank you @Rebecca16

I can't believe they let this stuff slip through untested. Firing offence in my world. 

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Thank you!  Mine too in New Zealand. 

Grace329
Level 5
Johannesburg, South Africa

I also noticed that as I was changing the settings the system would indicate the listing as unlisted. But it would revert back to listed by itself 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Thank you! Mine did too. Question is how long it has been like this, and what will happen when someone has planned a party or plan to bring children/smoke/whatever else is in our rules in the booking window of ''not set''?

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

So I changed it and checked, it reverted again. HELP!

Edit: did it again. Conclusion: It is NOT POSSIBLE to  keep the changes saved.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rebecca181@Sandra126@Susan151@Grace329@Ria16@Shaun69@Kim87@Julian234@Cammy0@Daniel1992,

Thanks Rebecca for highlighting this and to you all for providing more on what you are experiencing with this setting. I am sorry you are seeing this. 

I have just reported this back to the team, so they can take a look further. Any updates I get I will let you know. 

Thanks again. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Rebecca181 @Lizzie  It's the same for me. The Guest Requirements that this effects also is going to cause issues for anyone who has Government ID required, Positive reviews from other hosts, etc. to IB. Everyone with IB may want to be a little more careful with bookings for the time being and double check if they do have the proper requirements to book your place.  

Screenshot (217).png

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Letti0 for the extra information on this, I just sent on this as well. 

It's a good highlight to other hosts. 🙂

Thanks again and if you spot anything else or update, just let me know.

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.