How can I add a payment method?

Answered!
Jenoa0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

How can I add a payment method?

I am trying to add a new payment method to my account through my account settings. 

When I follow the steps from Airbnb in this article there is no Add Payment Method button. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/823/how-do-i-edit-or-remove-a-payment-method

I already have 2 CCs there but I need to add a new one. 

Any help would be great! 

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about adding a payment method by reviewing this Airbnb Help Center article: Editing, removing, or adding a payment method

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

142 Replies 142

Same here. I'm on a long-term stay in an Airbnb home and my previous card expired. I tried to add details of my new card but it isn't getting accepted. Customer care tries to be helpful, but keeps asking me to follow the same steps as if it would yield different results. Has anybody managed to have this issue sorted out yet?

Exactly the same problem here, so I hope someone from the Customer Support is also looking at these threads!! 

Matthew793
Level 1
Oakland, CA

same problem. It seems like this should get fixed... I can't book a trip.

Shagun2
Level 1
Thane, India

Hello Guys,

I contacted the Airbnb support team as I was facing the same issue of not being able to add my debit/credit card details on the Airbnb app/desktop site. To my query, the support guys informed the following (I believe this is relevant to people trying to add from India only) -

"

When you submit a reservation request and select Indian rupees as your currency, you’ll have the option to select credit or debit card as your payment type. Choosing this option will redirect you to the PayU website, which will provide you with a one-time password to complete your payment.

When your payment for the full amount of the reservation is complete, the reservation request is sent to the host, who will have up to 24 hours to reply. If the listing allows you to book instantly, the reservation will be automatically accepted. You'll receive a confirmation email and be able to access your billing receipt and trip itinerary from your Airbnb account.

If your request is retracted, declined, or expires, your credit or debit card will automatically be refunded in full. Refunds processed by PayU can take up to 10 calendar days to appear in your account.

"

Hope this helps! 🙂

Regards,

Shagun

Shweta9
Level 1
Mumbai, India

Same issue here aswell

I couldn’t add my credit card as the payment method when I was in the process of booking. Then I switched from my local currency to EUR ( or try dollars) and the card was accepted and booking confirmed.

Try that, it might resolve some challenges.

Christopher728
Level 1
New York, NY

Was having the same problem adding my credit card here in New York.  Switched the currency from USD to EUR (bottom right of page) and it worked. Hope this helps.

景子0
Level 1
Kurume, Japan

airbnb is **bleep**. cant add payment method and does not tell you why.

Please try later.. Right ..  Why not saying : Please sleep in the street?

Theodore42
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have the same issue. Has anybody's issue been resolved yet?

Diane704
Level 2
Fairfax, VA

I can’t add an initial payment method!  And every time I search Airbnb for an answer it gives me payOUT information instead of payMENT information. HELP!  I need to pay for my part of a reservation!

Yixiong0
Level 1
Kaki Bukit, Malaysia

Same here, I have activated e-commerce (for Maybank account) but I am also unable to add any cards that I have right now and keep on prompt out the same error.

"This credit card can’t be added right now. Please wait and try again later. You can also try using a previously added credit card or a different way to pay, such as PayPal."

Rachel1045
Level 1
Apia, Samoa

I'm a new host trying to add my bank details for payout method and it won't accept what type of account it is (first section ex Checking) HELP! I've just had my first airbnb guest and money has left her account... But to where? 

Claude380
Level 1
Costa Rica

same BS here. I've pre-paid half of my trip and now I had to add a new cc because my original one was stolen. I've tried 2 new ones and only BS responses. I have no time to deal with such a crap so I will probably just pay the host on arrival. This is not professional from AB.

Francois188
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

same problem. Guess I'll be staying in a hotel...

Tania243
Level 2
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Same problem...Ive sent this on their feedback page, hope someone reads it and rectifies the issue...

"It appears that Airbnb has a world wide problem with adding payment methods leading to many frustrated Airbnb users... Kindly look at the threads reported on your site. We cannot add payment methods, therefore cannot make bookings, nor add, nor edit an existing payment method. Please reply to the messages whether you are dealing with the problem or what we should do. I love Airbnb as I prefer to stay in a private home instead of hotels, but we are forced to go to booking.com and others now as we cannot make simple payments... Please assist. Regards Tania"