How can I add a payment method?

Answered!
Jenoa0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

How can I add a payment method?

I am trying to add a new payment method to my account through my account settings. 

When I follow the steps from Airbnb in this article there is no Add Payment Method button. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/823/how-do-i-edit-or-remove-a-payment-method

I already have 2 CCs there but I need to add a new one. 

Any help would be great! 

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about adding a payment method by reviewing this Airbnb Help Center article: Editing, removing, or adding a payment method

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

142 Replies 142
Annmarie41
Level 1
New York, United States

I was unable to add a payment via the website (payment method was just a title but no button), I downloaded the app instead to try, SAME ISSUE.

Then I realized in my profile (mobile app) it said "SWITCH TO TRAVELLING". I switched, and then at the top of the page (on mobile app) it says "2 steps left" ( details they need before I start travelling).. I clicked on that (orange boxes) and it sent me to a page that says "What's Left" which asks me to input "basic info" and "add payment method" and "verify work email"...so yea...that was how it worked for me

Charlie257
Level 1
Hillsboro, OR

Yep. we all have the same problem and trying to contact AirB'nB is futile. Why did we let this happen... there are other providers out there, but all the hosts seem to want to list with this clunky website. Frustrating!!

Jennifer1997
Level 1
Temple City, CA

Instead of using the app, log in with a computer and you can then change/modify your payment method. Hope this helps! 

This is not true. I am on a PC right now and there still is not an option to add a payment amount. The only way I could book, was to just enter the payment amount after I clicked "complete booking". I assume it wasn't saved. No big deal. I can enter it each time. The only downside was that I just had to delete all other accounts before I clicked on complete booking because I was afraid it would just charge my default account on record and not ask me if I wanted to use a new one.

Peter1887
Level 2
Spean Bridge, United Kingdom

Hello folks what worked for me was fully completing my profile and permitting AirBnb notifications on my phone. Then it allowed me to add the card.

I try this, but when comes to add payment method, fail to do so. 

Ee-Yin0
Level 1
Sarawak, Malaysia

I have the same problem too, i try for 3 different bank credit card and call the bank regarding my credit card status, all good. But when comes to Airbnb paying. It didn't allowed me to do so, I call the Airbnb customer service, it didn't help. She even ask me to change other payment method.i really frustrated, after so long still the problem didn't solved. 

Zenith4
Level 1
South Africa

Hi,

I followed the steps below and was able to add a new card/ payment method.

Go to Support and click on the following articles:

- Get Help

- Paying for reservation

- How do I edit or remove a payment method

- Go to account

The “Go to account” button is in the middle of the page. I was able to add and remove cards there.

Hope this helps.

Ok, ok.... I tried all the steps in 'Help' and none of it worked as the button for 'add payment' was missing.  This both on the web and app versions.

But, I noticed in the app version, my profile set up had gone from being completely full with all bars green, to one going grey and the rest being yellow.  When I clicked on it it said to enter a new payment method, I clicked it and it loaded the screen.  All sorted.

Quite convoluted.

So try that, and if you have an old credit card loaded, make it default, then remove it (again really convoluted).  Who their iX team is for this is not doing their job

David4669
Level 2
Medindie, Australia

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Download and use the mobile app. Turn off your wifi and use your phone data instead to run the app. Only way I was able to add my credit card. 

Hope it helps. Best of luck!

You are a genius!!! I’ve been trying to add a payment method for two days, contacted customer support, downloaded a new browser.....no help. YOU HELPED!!! Woot woot!

Erik1114
Level 1
Cebu City, Philippines

Good day! I had the same problem but in the area where it asked me to input a Zip Code, instead of just the zip code number, typed my whole address. Then I tried it again with just the zip code and my New Credit Card registration pushed through. Hope this helps. 

Jennifer2257
Level 1
Asheville, NC

Try updating your browser. Some older browsers affect your ability to add a payment method. 

Jian75
Level 2
Roswell, GA

The same issue here. I have tried all menthods mentioned above but none of them worked.

Hui-Ting2
Level 1
Malaysia

I faced this problem when using the airbnb apps. Then, I just book my stay through air bnb website and pay by google pay.