How can I block a guest from booking with me again?

Christine--Sea-Lion-Prop0
Level 4
California, United States

How can I block a guest from booking with me again?

I had problems with a recent guest's group and do not want them to be able to book our home again.  I have "instant book" turned on, which has generally worked well for me.  I don't want this particular guest to be able to book again, but I don't want to turn "instant book" off for everyone else.

Is there a way of blocking or preventing a certain Airbnb guest from booking my place again?

Thanks, Christine

88 Replies 88

How does one "flag/report the guest"

You simply go to their profile and select report profile, it will give you few choices check the one that best describe your situation. If you select something else, then you will have the opportunity to give more details. Then submit it. Hope this helps. 

Very helpful.  Thank you!

How do we Flag/report the guest

Do you have a resource reference to confirm this?  I also thought that, if you click "no" to whether you'd host this person again in their review, that would also prevent them from booking again.

Jenna Pool

Hi there

I'm not sure but I don't think it does. I think you have to go to inbox, click the flag, then choose a reason. There aren't many options for a reason so making a choice can be difficult. Once a choice is made then block the person/s.

Have a nice day.

Anais.Bijoux.Art

Anais.Bijoux.Art
Accommodation: https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/24001381?s=51
https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/23886575?s=51

This is what I though too, but not so. I said no to the same guest twice and he can still book. 

@Christine--Sea-Lion-Prop0

I was hoping that by giving a guest thumbs down and a "no" for the review question of whether you would suggest him to other hosts, the website's system would make your listing invisible for this particular guest in the future. However, I doubt that airbnb would take such care of the hosts 😉 
My suggestion: when writing a review for a guest you would not want to see at your place again, mention this to Airbnb in that special private (between you and airbnb) field they have in the review process: "Is there something you would like to tell us about the guest".

Is it not true that if you give the guest a 3 star review they can not book with you again? 

I read (under  'What are Instant Booking settings') that if you give a guest a 3 star or less or don't recommend a guest to other hosts then they won't be able to Instant Book  at your lisiting. This taught me to hold off on writing a review for a guest for several days- this gives neighbors a chance to report any unruly guests and me time to inspect the house for any damages. I learned this the hard way. I gave a decent review for one family as soon as I was sent the notice to do so. They were pleasant to me and seemed like good guests. The next day the house cleaner found a broken door off the hinges and neighbors reported that the couple had  multiple loud fights (I'm guessing the door was kicked in). Fortunately I gave them a 3 star in one catagory so they won't be able to  IB

If they try to re-book they will have to send me a request, which I can decline

I wish that were true! I just had a guest book with me last night who only had two stars. I have on the instant book. She turned out to be fine guest, but I did not sleep all night long! LOL 

LOL

ALWAYS wait to review a guest until after you or your cleaners have inspected the listing post check-out.  I even wait a few days now in case I missed something the first walk through.  

Jenna Pool

Hi @Kevin-and-Tamara0 Good idea, I'll try to remember to do this more often. I have missed things in the past because of other things going on in life, but I will slow down now. Although to give an honest review is a bit scary in case of repercussions...

Anais.Bijoux.Art
Accommodation: https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/24001381?s=51
https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/23886575?s=51
Star8
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Even the option to block a person who hasn't stayed with you would be great. I have already declined a guest with a firm "no I cannot rent out to you" and 5 messages later he's still asking to stay at my property.