How can I block a guest from booking with me again?

Christine--Sea-Lion-Prop0
Level 4
California, United States

How can I block a guest from booking with me again?

I had problems with a recent guest's group and do not want them to be able to book our home again.  I have "instant book" turned on, which has generally worked well for me.  I don't want this particular guest to be able to book again, but I don't want to turn "instant book" off for everyone else.

Is there a way of blocking or preventing a certain Airbnb guest from booking my place again?

Thanks, Christine

88 Replies 88

I need the block feature. Threre are times i won't leave a bad review, or thumbs down on a guest, as to not offend them, and have them become unresonable,  and start harrasing me as to why.  A quiet block will do for everyones sake. 

If the block feature is taken away, i will be forced to resinstate control over to whom i book, by not alowing istant book to anyone in the future.

@Iren2    I am not sure a guest can see any of their stars or whether (and who) thumbed them down (does a host who is a guest know the answer to this?).

Would be a positive if guests could see their stars, it may promote responsibility and self-awareness, I heard it does wonders with improving behaviour of Uber drivers and passengers.

If you have the parameter must have good reviews on IB a guest with 3 stars or less, and/or thumbs down cannot book - or so I heard, but I cannot confirm. But that is not foolproof if hosts do not rate their guests.

Iren2
Level 4
Phoenix, AZ

I need the block feature back. There are times i won't leave a bad review, or thumbs down on a guest, as to not offend them, and have them become unresonable,  and start harrasing me as to why.  A quiet block will do for everyones sake. 

If the block feature is taken away, i will be forced to resinstate control over to whom i book, by not alowing istant book to anyone in the future.

Iren2
Level 4
Phoenix, AZ

Also we should be able to block any new guests from booking our home when they inquire if we feel uncomfortable, and it it just not a right fit without explanation in some cases to the guest. It would save a phone call and customer service time. 

Christina148
Level 2
Vancouver, WA

They turned off the block option so I turned off instant book.  I'll still get bookings, I always do.  They can threaten me all they want by saying I won't be on search results but it is MY home and some people are just not welcome back.  Sorry not sorry.  

Sorry not Sorry, I love it!  But unfortunately I can't be quite so bold 🙂  So I've taken the middle path and turned on "recommendation from other hosts" as a requirement.  Now the dilema for me is, the bad guests that I had (only my second bad experience in 7 years) do I give them a poor feedback?  It feels so wrong, because I'm pretty sure they're going to have left a positive review for me, but as so many have said before that doesnt make what they did to the place (trashed it) right...... why do I feel so guilty leaving a bad review?

I feel the same. I feel guilty leaving bad review. I just left a bad review since I really felt very uncomfortable with my recent guests. I was thinking about it for a while but at the end I wrote it. And I wrote a midle version of what really was going on since I avoid any kind of confrontation but at the same time I wanted to have on records somewhere what happend. I feel bad also becasue these people are local and very primitive and I am afraid that they might comeback and cause some trouble....I regret I wrote it. Now I can't change it since they wrote me a very good review. Now I feel even worse. To feel safer I didn't requested any reimburesemnt for damages and for additional people staying at my place. I wish I can delete my review but it is too late. I truly am afriad that they my look for a revenge...Hopefully nothing like that hapens in the future but I  wonder how should I go about this kind of situation in the future.

Vinny8
Level 4
Berlin, Germany

The current solution is to:

1 - Click "Report" under the guest's picture in the conversation window

2 - Click "They are being offensive"

3 - Click "They are being abusive or hostile"

4 - Enter the following text - adapt to your taste-> Users insist on booking even after being declined, thus blocking my calendar and bringing down my acceptance rate. Please bring the block user function back.

5 - After clicking "Submit" you will be promted if you want to block this person as well.

6 - Click "Block this person".

This works!  You are a genius!  Thank you for sharing!

Please add this option to block specific users from instant booking.

Please do! It’s so annoying that something so simple and important isn’t readily available.

Adela53
Level 2
Bucharest, Romania

Please Airbnb allow hosts to block specific guests that generate unpleasant situations. I recently had the apartment rented to 3 young men that live apartment very dirty (food on the bed), full of smoking ash and broken glasses. 

Magnolia13
Level 2
Austin, TX

I would give a bad review... but in reality, they know where your house is and I am afraid of blowback. I would rather secretely block the specific user from being able to book. Now I am going to switch everything that is instant book off until they change that. I have people leaving doors and gates unlocked, smoking and throwing cigarette butts... it's not the end of the world, but if I don't have to have them back, I won't.

Debra279
Level 2
Cape Coral, FL

How do I block a guest who instant books knowing I dont want her there? Airbnb says my chance for superhost will be suspended for 12 months if I cancel booking? These people have unpaying guest visiting and sleeping in other rooms, burn holes in carpet and then lie and blame other guests?? What can I do airbnb is not helpful at all!!  Can I just block one guest from instant booking?? Please any help appreciated 

Randy235
Level 1
New Port Richey, FL

Yes - agree. Please add this feature as an option for Instant Book.