How can I change price for certain months?

Ingrid46
Level 1
Valletta, Malta

How can I change price for certain months?

Dear air bnb host community, I would like to ask for your help to change pricing for certain period.

Basically, I want to increase the price from April 2017 to November 2017 but don't seem to find a way to do it. I have read the help guides but have not been able to change the price still. I don't have the options listed in Help Guide. Please help!

This is what the help guide says (below), but when I go to Price Settings I do not have the option of Long Term prices, just smart pricing (which I am not interested in). How can I get to Long Term prices?

Pricing for specific weeks or months

You can account for seasonal demand or local events like a conference or festival by setting custom prices for specific weeks or months.
1.Select the listing you want to edit
2.Go to Pricing settings in the upper right-hand corner
3.Under Long-term prices, click the link to set custom weekly or monthly rates
4.Set your custom weekly or monthly rates
5.Save by clicking Apply

Custom weekly and monthly prices will override your normal nightly, weekly, and monthly prices, as well as custom nightly prices you’ve saved on your calendar.

If you have custom pricing set for specific weeks or months you'll see a notification on your Pricing page, in the Long-term pricing section.

1 Reply 1
Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

I doubt if the people writing the advice section know how the current version of the coding works on the website or on the android app as they do different things. My work around is to set the price for each date or set of days onthe calender as I open the dates to be booked. We started letting at the end of July so set a moderate price which continues at present.  The default settign for the calender is not available.

In the next few weeks we wil decide on our leave weeks next year. After that we will open the calender and set a price for each month or weeks depending on our preception of the likely demand.  You are offered the ability to set prices as you open for bookings. Spring and Autumn are as popular as high summer here.

I don't know where airbnb get their suggested prices from as they are often less than a local hostel bed.