How can I set a custom early booking discount?

Samar1
Level 1
Cyprus

How can I set a custom early booking discount?

I want to set an early booking discount for guests who book by a certain date. How can I do that? Ex: Book by 30/11/2016 and get a X% discount for periods between 01/04/2017-31/10/2017. Is there a way to do so? 

7 Replies 7
Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I like that idea @Samar1! Could also be good the other way around! If you want to fill it up closer to the date and you offer a discount on your regular price, would be nice if this was visible in the search results. Even though you can have a price range in the search criteria, you would probably be more likely to book something on discounted price... Everyone likes a bargain, or at least the idea of getting a bargain (even if it's not;-))

But have to admit I don't think it's possble with the calendar features in place at this moment 😞 You can amend your pricing per day/week/month, although it seems like a lot of work to start with opening days with a lower price and changing it when times goes by and then maybe changing it again to a lower price when the dates come closer. Smart pricing for you an option maybe?!

Good luck with hosting!

Thanks @Babs0 for sharing your view. It is very hard to keep changing the prices. And it would be really appealing for guests to actually see they are getting a discounted rate if they book soon enough. Smart pricing does not serve the idea for now. Maybe in an updated version... Hopefully.

Regards,

Samar

Hello Samar,

I totally agree, I was actually just googling this topic as I couldnt find anyting on airbnb.com

lets see if there ll be an option in the (near) future.

Cheers from Hot n Humid Flores / Tikal / Guatemala Central America

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

I don't have an answer to this question, I'm just curious about the idea of how early booking benefits hosts, especially with discounts. I understand why it's great for airbnb, they get to keep the guests money and earn interest for a few weeks or months. But what is in this for the host? Is it just for the comfort of looking at a full calendar? Are early bookers better guests?

Thank you for your reply. Usually the idea of discount or early booking discount appeal to guests. It doesnt hve to be a big amount. As a level 1 in the business, I am trying to attract as much guests as possible. Of course I am aware that the property, location, services and amenities count as a decisive factor. But price do as well. True?

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Maybe you could edit yout listing title to something like "early booking discount" to attract potential early bookers and then you could sent them special offer with X% dicount when they send inquiry.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Think carefully about your minimum night stay when you are opening your calendar 6months to a year out. You may find (depending on your location) that you get lots of two nighters during peak times as people attend events, concerts, weddings etc. We now have 3 night minimum stays for peak season for that very reason