How do Airbnb Guest Discounts Work?

Megan52
Level 2
Cocoa Beach, FL

How do Airbnb Guest Discounts Work?

Good evening, everyone! I know there are a lot of Airbnb codes out there for guests to use. I am curious if this comes off of our pricing as the host or if Airbnb eats the cost? I thought Airbnb did but I have a few bookings that I just noticed when I pulled my earnings for taxes have discounted cleaning fees. I've only ever twice given a discount on Airbnb and those are not the bookings that are showing this. Just trying to figure out what it could be and just know how the discounts work in general in case I get a question. Thanks in advance for your help! 

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

It is not clear to me, @Megan52, if you are referring to discounts you initiated or if you are referring to travel credits and coupons issued by Air BNB.  Could you clarify a bit?

@Linda372 thanks for asking. I am referring to discounts that may be issued by Airbnb or travel credits earned by the guest somehow- basically anything NOT offered by me. 🙂 I understand if I offer it, it will come off of my pricing. But I am not sure how it works if it is offered by Airbnb. Thanks so much! 🙂 

You are paid normally.

David
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Megan52

In the same any other online discount codes works. You put them into the space provided when you pay for the product or service.

Hi @Helen3 I understand how to use them. Trying to figure out if Airbnb covers the cost or if it is taken out of what they pay me as a host. 🙂