How do I cancel a reservation made by mistake?

Promethea0
Level 2
Charlottesville, VA

How do I cancel a reservation made by mistake?

Hello fellow hosts,

I just discovered that I've made a mistake with a reservation.  I recently created a whole new listing for a house where I was previously the co-host, but have since become the primary host.  There were many bookings spanning into the future on the old listing, so I kept it live and have simply been asking folks to book on the new listing site.  Somehow, I managed to confirm a reservation on both the old listing and the new listing:  same guests, same dates, same house, and my guests are being charged twice.  Is there any way to cancel one of these reservation without a penalty?  alternately, I could simply refund the money to my guests in cash for the second reservation, but I'd rather put their minds at ease right away.  They arrive tomorrow.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

-Thea

3 Replies 3
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

Contact Airbnb they will sort it out. 

“Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide - Airbnb Community”

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

You absolutely need to snooze the other listing immediately. 

Assuming these are the same guests for both reservations... ask them to cancel on the old listing and use the Resolution Center to pay them for the lost Airbnb fees and refund them for the 50% you will collect due to the strict Cancellation policy.  Then take the hit for the $50 cancellation fee.  Not coordinating the calendar is not a legitimate reason to cancel and you will be hit with a penalty fee.

Thank you!  I think I will refund them in cash- not so much about avoiding the fee, but in order to save my guests the hassle, since it was clearly my bad.