How do I cancel the remaining days after the guest has left

Answered!
Francesca226
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

How do I cancel the remaining days after the guest has left

He requested for a refund which I accepted. He left 2 days ago. Problem is I can't seem to cancel his remaining (20+) nights without Airbnb adjusting amount but everything has already been settled between me and the guest. 

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Francesca226,

The guest should have cancelled and they would have received a refund according to your moderate policy or the long term policy if the reservation was for 28 days or more. The dates would then be freed and you could have used the "Send or request" money on their reservation link to send them more than the automatic refund if you wished.

So if this happens again let the guest cancel, they'll be refunded by Airbnb according to your policy and you can send them more if you wish.

For now, if the guest cancels the dates will be freed but they'll get a refund from Airbnb but you've already paid them a refund which you shouldn't have.

You could try contacting Airbnb support to discuss the issue.

Log in and click on "Help" and then type "contact airbnb" in the "Ask a question ..." box. Then click on the "I want to contact Airbnb" link.
Then click on the "Contact page" link near the end of the page.

You can also type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Francesca226,

The guest should have cancelled and they would have received a refund according to your moderate policy or the long term policy if the reservation was for 28 days or more. The dates would then be freed and you could have used the "Send or request" money on their reservation link to send them more than the automatic refund if you wished.

So if this happens again let the guest cancel, they'll be refunded by Airbnb according to your policy and you can send them more if you wish.

For now, if the guest cancels the dates will be freed but they'll get a refund from Airbnb but you've already paid them a refund which you shouldn't have.

You could try contacting Airbnb support to discuss the issue.

Log in and click on "Help" and then type "contact airbnb" in the "Ask a question ..." box. Then click on the "I want to contact Airbnb" link.
Then click on the "Contact page" link near the end of the page.

You can also type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Francesca226
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

Thanks a lot for your reply Steve. Hmm... that does sound complicated -- I didn't realize. So if he does cancel and receives the extra refund -- could I ask him to send it to me?   I guess this would be difficult via Airbnb. He is still in town until the end of the month  so maybe he can just pay me in person in cash? Sorry just thinking out loud but this could be an option right? He seemed like a nice guy anyway. 

Many thanks again
Francesca

Francesca226
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

Oops I clicked on your reply saying it was Most helpful then got a reply back saying RESOLVED! but it's not yet resolved... 😕