How do I contact Airbnb

Mike55
Level 3
Cairns City, Australia

How do I contact Airbnb

I know this topic already exists but I just want to show my disgust at the lack of (zero) customer service.  This lazy company want to have the community solve all their problems while they rake in the millions.  Not good enough.

I am about to be penalised bcausue i cannot decline a guest request on time.  Actually I am clicking "decline" but it is not working.  Wheres the help???

54 Replies 54

Is there not an email address? They send me a threatening email which I can't respond to and there isn't any contact info listed for them on their site. I see all these suggestions to go search on google but does no one find it ridiculous that you have to go to another site to find help with the site you are using? The fact that people have to ask how to get help screams of poor customer service. I'm not giving up yet but if my experience doesn't get better I think I'll be taking my listing down. I'm getting much more traffic at VRBO anyway. I really like the reviews of potential guests that this site offers but it won't matter if they continue to push my listing down so no one sees it.

Paul474
Level 1
Sauble Beach, Canada

I agree the the extreme POOR service at airbnb. I have a few issues now and cannot seem to speak to anyone at airbnb. Is this real or am i just not looking in the right place to speak to someone??

Vivienne15
Level 2
Gayndah, Australia

I am trying to contact Airbnb (who seem to be uncontactable) to correct an error in what they are charging my guests. I agree with other comment that they just want to take the money but have no responsibility for anything. I need to sort this out right now not in a few months time after I have asked everyone else in the country (which is none of their concern anyway). Can someone advise how to email or phone them please!!!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The Australian number is mentioned in this very thread.

More importantly if your Guests have an issue with what ABB have charged them let them contact AirBnB, unlikely they would deal with a third party anyway.

David
Patrick460
Level 1
Palm Springs, CA

does any one know of a 800 number for airbnb?

i'm a host with a question and would like to speak to a human being.

Hello Patick:

I was a Host but AIRBNB are terriable to deal with so I stopped my association with them and went with Booking.com. You can contact a real person 24/7. Get rid of AirBNB.

Jane1123
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

I have had amazing service just call them 

Marjo8
Level 1
Eindhoven, NL

A guest has booked for a night while this period was blocked. How is that possible? Marjo

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I have had this happen at least five times sadly.

Just call Airbnb and tell them what has happened.

They will check whether dates were blocked and then can cancel the booking for you. @Marjo8 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Marjo8 

Marjo, this is a known problem with the Airbnb booking system, and has been frustrating hosts for the past 4 years. Why they cannot fix it is one of the mysteries of the universe.

I will explain how this happens......

Under your Availability Settings  is an item called 'Booking Window' and you have the ability to set how far ahead you are prepared to have guests book. You can set your personal default or, you can set 3, 6, 9, 12 months, or, 'All future dates'! 

If you set your calendar to, lets say, 3 months........ prospective guests cannot book your listing any further ahead than 3 months from the current day. Now if you block dates that are 4 or 5 months in advance, they will show as blocked on your calendar but, as that rolling booking window comes to those dates you have blocked it will, (in some instances) open them up for booking and this is what happens!

You end up with a reservation for a date you had previously blocked.

As @Helen3  has said, get onto Airbnb and they will cancel the reservation as long as they can establish the reservation was for a blocked date.

God only knows why they do not fix this glitch, they have known about it for years but it seems anything that prevents a booking is not something that Airbnb encourages or wants to do anything about. 

Marjo, the only way to guarantee this will not happen to you again is to set your booking window to 'All Future Dates' ! What this does is remove the rolling booking window from your calendar and you can then be confident any date you block into the future will stay blocked!

Cheers.....Rob