How do I edit my details I want to change from my husbands email to my email address ?

How do I edit my details I want to change from my husbands email to my email address ?

My husbands email is similar but not the same and the answer I get is that this email is already used

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Sallyann-And-David0,

Does your husband have an Airbnb account for which he uses his email address?

If yes, then you can't put his email address as the email address for your account.

You can't have two accounts with the same email address. If that were allowed then, for example, anyone who knows your email address could just set that in their account and so get all emails sent from Airbnb to you.

Steve.

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply

When I first became a host my profile automatically loaded from my husbands facebook page, therefore it was his email address that is in our profile. My email is [email address hidden] so would AirBnB see this as the same even though they are two different email addresses

Hope this makes sense

Sallyann

Hello @Sallyann-And-David0,

Sorry, I misread your first post and thought that you wanted to change TO using your husband's email address. My fault.

I've never used the Facebook login so don't know what bearing it has when you want to change email addresses.

Do you have any other Airbnb account where the [email address hidden] email address has been entered?

If not then the best thing to do is to contact Airbnb customer support.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on the help forum web pages where you posted this question.

That will show up a list of suggestions one of which is "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide". Click on that  to see phone numbers and information on other contact methods.

Steve.

Hi Steve

Thanks I will try that

warm regards

Sallyann