How do I get my guest to re-book after his original booking has expiered

Silke12
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

How do I get my guest to re-book after his original booking has expiered

Hello there,

My friend just started with AirB&B as a host. 

After she got her first clients request, she just continued communicating with him and confirming his booking via e-mail or sms.

She did not know that she had to accept the booking with AirB&B, which then got declined.

Her guest did arrive and is staying with her now, but has not paid anything yet.

Her guest tried to re book the dates, but they where blocked.

What must she do so the booking is going through AirB&B?

Thank you very much for your help

Kind regards

Silke

3 Replies 3
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Silke12 she'll need to phone Airbnb - the numbers and methods are here - and explain that she is new and didn't know how things were done.

It's a lesson that every host should read through all the help articles BEFORE they start listing. That would avoid situations like this.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Im confused, because there's no way the guest could have received the host's address unless there was a confirmed booking.  I'm going to bet she unknowingly has Instant Book turned on and the reservation was automatically confirmed and the guest received the address. 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Silke12

Sounds like your friend has started hosting without really knowing how Airbnb works. She should spend some time going through the help center and other areas on the site to learn more.

Also, the community center postings ar worth their weight in gold to get up to speed! A couple hours spend there are like a crash course in hosting.