How do I get my guests to write a review?

How do I get my guests to write a review?

Hi

I just had my first Guests check out. It went very well and I am hoping for a positive first review. My question is how does the review process work. Are the Guests propmpted to write a review after they leave? 

All advice appreciated!!

Marcy

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marcia106

Both you and your guests will receive an email inviting you to review. In addition you will see a reminder in your notification centre, and on their reservation (in Your Reservations).

If they leave a review before you do, then it won;t be  published straightaway but you will get another email saying, your  guests have already reviewed you - to see what they have said, write your review.

Once both reviews have been written both are published simultaneously. If only one party leaves a review then it is not published until 14 days have passed.

Zvi1
Level 1
Boston, MA

Hi I too recently started hosting and have had several guests that although we wrote very nice reviews for them and believe that they were pleased as guests haven't written any reviews. I even kindly expressed to one guest after thanking them for visiting that we would love a review yet they didn't leave any. 

Do you have any advice on how to get guests to leave a review or at least some feedback to know if there is anything we can do to improve etc if they are not pleased?

Thanks

@Zvi1

I send this email right after they leave: 

"We really enjoyed hosting you and hope we provided a 5 star stay. Please leave a review at your earliest convenience.

Most kind regards & happy travels!"

I have 50+ 5 star and only 2 people who didn't leave a review.

Hope that helps.